SennsLab: Guide to the Focus Group Template
The Focus Group Template in SennsLab
The focus group template is used to record the emotional response of multiple participants in a group interview.
The focus group template is an In Lab template.
To set up a focus group experiment:
- Defining Tasks: A task in the focus group template consists of a labeled section of time in order for the test moderator to start a discussion or ask questions on a particular topic. There is no predefined stimuli in the focus group template, tasks are provided only for organization and analysis purposes.
- Enter Familiarization Tasks: This is a set of 0-3 tasks used to familiarize the participants with the context of the test. Familiarization tasks are not analyzed and SennsLab will not add familiarization tasks automatically.
- Enter Assessment Tasks: This is a set of 1-15 defined tasks for full analysis.
- Set Timing: Both familiarization and assessment tasks can be either fixed (a set time defined minimum 15 seconds and maximum 60 minutes) or variable (the task is manually ended by the test moderator).
- Set randomization preferences
If "randomize" is selected, the tasks will be presented in random order. If not, tasks will be presented in the order they are listed in the task lists. To change this order, use the buttons.
Note: Multiple sensors must be set up in the Sensors Tab, with Group Use selected.