How does a pilot study work?
Understanding pilot tests in SennsLab
A pilot study is basically a dress rehearsal - a test run that allows you to verify aspects of the test before starting the actual study.
A pilot study is run to verify the following:
- The visual stimuli are presented correctly
- All hardware works properly
- Test instructions are understood
- Test timing works properly
- Test duration is appropriate
Once the pilot has been performed, you can upload the data to check if the quality of the recorded signal is adequate. Pilot data is not included in the main test analysis.